The Ethics Institute offers both in-house and public training events on a variety of ethics-related themes.
- All programmes can be customised for the public or the private sector;
- All programmes can be customised to suit specific needs of the client; and
- To ensure positive participation we recommend that the number of participants for a training workshop is limited to 20.
Our training programmes include the following:
- Ethics Officer Certification Programme (EOCP)
This is our flagship training programme and consists of a five-day interactive training course as well as a practical component that needs to be completed within 90 days after the completion of the training course. Candidates who successfully complete both the training course and the practical component are certified as Ethics Officers.
For a list of our Certified Ethics Officers click here
- Ethics management programmes
We offer training on a range of topics related to the management of ethics in organisations in both the private and public sectors.
These programmes are presented on the following levels:
- Executive Managers and Board of Directors;
- Senior Management;
- Persons involved in ethics management, governance and corruption prevention.
Training modules on the following topics are available:
- Social and Ethics Committee training
- Ethics Investigation training
- Understanding ethics and organisational ethics
- The strategic importance of ethics for organisations
- Assessing ethics risks and opportunities
- Developing ethics codes and policies
- Institutionalising ethics in organisations
- Building ethical awareness in organisations
- Establishing an ethics office and ethics structures
- Implementing an ethics safe reporting (whistle-blowing) system
- Recruitment, selection and vetting of employees of integrity
- Ethical decision-making
- Internal auditing of ethics management programmes
- Corruption prevention
- Ethics and corporate governance
- Ethics for board of directors
- Value-based leadership
- Continued Professional Development (CPD)
In close collaboration with professional associations, we offer short CPD modules on ethics, tailored to the needs and requirements of each profession. Some of these modules are offered in an online web-based format.With AOSIS eCPD accountancy professionals and financial services are able to achieve continuing professional development (CPD) hours online. Simply register for free, buy courses and complete the online questionnaires. Professionals will receive an eCPD certificate on successful completion that is automatically saved within their online CPD Manager for download and print.
We use an interactive approach to our training sessions and workshops, making use of video clips, case studies and group discussions to ensure participants remain engaged and take the most from the sessions.
Duration varies from 1 hour to two days, depending on content and client requirements.